[geeklog-devel] Improvement of Installation GUI

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Thu Mar 25 15:21:19 EDT 2010

Abhishek Shrivastava wrote:

>Can someone please give me a brief idea about why exactly do I need to
>separate public_html folder and other contents in separate directories
>during installation ??

Actually, you do not need to do that. The Geeklog tarball is layed out
like we recommend Geeklog to be installed on your server, with
public_html being your webroot directory (it's sometimes called that, or
"htdocs", or "wwwroot", or similar).

So in most setups, you wouldn't need to move things around at all. And
if you keep the same basic layout (even when your webroot is called,
say, "htdocs"), the installer will find things just fine.

I'm probably biased, but is that really such an unusual setup?

>To be frank, I really think there is a much scope of improvement.

The above issue alone wouldn't be enough for a GSoC project anyway. So
what else did you have in mind?

http://www.geeklog.net/
http://geeklog.info/