[geeklog-devel] CKEditor

Randy Kolenko Randy.Kolenko at nextide.ca
Fri Mar 26 07:42:03 EDT 2010

> As I've said on many occasions, I think mootools is a better fit for
> Geeklog. mootools' philosophy is to be a better javascript than
> javascript alone. It is not a gui framework although it does support
> many gui tools. Core mootools is 63K with YUI compression and it has
> a $-safe mode just like jQuery does. And the mootools plugins are far
> better organized than jQuery's. I think this is because mootools
> makes js more OOP and so the plugins are more object like to start
> with. The mootools core dev team is also slow to add core features,
> giving such additions great consideration - just like the core dev
team
> here.

If I may chime in here.  I do believe Mootools' license it MIT rather
than GPL.  jQuery is both MIT and GPL.  So not sure if there are any
issues with license mixing.  I just throw that out there.

A variety of other frameworks ship with jQuery already; not to mention
ASP.net which helps developers coming from the Microsoft realm.  I would
throw my hat in for jQuery.

-randy