[geeklog-devel] GSOC 2010 application for Improvement in Configurations GUI

Joe Mucchiello joe at ThrowingDice.com
Sun Mar 28 12:30:01 EDT 2010

At 12:18 PM 3/28/2010, Abhishek Shrivastava wrote:
>I will implement individual
>configurations as features like config.site_name, config.site_url, etc..
>This would allow fine-grained  access control to individual configuration.

I would hate to see the feature table expand by several hundred
entries that most people would not use. The should be grouped. Anyone
who can change the site_url should have equal access to every other
path related configuration. There's no reason to separate it.
Likewise, anyone who could change the site_name, should have equal
access to many other settings. The existing features (like
polls.admin) are sufficient for adding permissions to the
configuration system. In the end if you need to add more than a
handful of features to the system, you've gotten too fine grained.

----
Joe Mucchiello
Throwing Dice Games
http://www.throwingdice.com

No virus found in this outgoing message
Checked by PC Tools AntiVirus (6.0.0.19 - 10.004.170).
http://www.pctools.com/free-antivirus/