[geeklog-devel] Dynamic Feeds with access control for Soc

jamil haider jamil_fawad at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 29 15:11:47 EDT 2010

Hi,

 I after some time toiling with the source code I think that Apparently there are two parts of the project: first is the dynamic feeds and the second one is the access control. Access control doesn't seem to be a big deal (May be it is beause I dont have much knowledge of the securtiy architecture of the GL:). As for the dynamism of feeds I was thinking on the lines as event handling is done in Java where we register our method to some action listener and whenever some event is generated we get to know. This is similar to the polling vs interrupt scenario. Currently geeklog has polling and we can replace it with some interrupt based system. We can have our main interface with
some general methods. We can then implement them in our adapter classes. Whenever a user want to get some feed, some method will be called that register the relevant strings/url with some event listener. This architecture will hopefully reduce the server load as there would be less queries to our database and we wont be need to call the COM_rdfUpToDateCheck after regular intervals. As for the access control, it would be really great if you could provide me some pointers. Please reply soon as it seems that I am a behind the schedule.

Regards
Jamil Haider