[geeklog-devel] Dynamic Feeds with access control for Soc

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Mon Mar 29 15:58:48 EDT 2010

jamil haider wrote:

>Access control doesn't seem to be a
>big deal (May be it is beause I dont have much knowledge of the securtiy
>architecture of the GL:).

My main gripe with the access control is that you need a way to identify
the current user. And since we're "The secure CMS", we want something
that isn't too easy to cirumvent but still easy to use.

>Whenever a user want to get some feed, some method will be called that
>register the relevant strings/url with some event listener. This
>architecture will hopefully reduce the server load as there would be
>less queries to our database and we wont be need to call the
>COM_rdfUpToDateCheck after regular intervals.

That sounds like a good approach. You may want to look into one or two
of the use cases listed on the ideas page to see what that would mean
regarding code changes - and possible stumbling blocks with Geeklog's
architectures.

>Please
>reply soon as it seems that I am a behind the schedule.

No worries, there are no bonus points for being first in line. We're
interested in good proposals, not early ones :)

http://www.geeklog.net/
http://geeklog.info/