[geeklog-devel] Gsoc Notification service

Vincent Furia vfuria at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 14:30:27 EDT 2010

Hey Ganesh,

Sorry for the delayed response. I had to do some research into sig-slot
architecture.

I'd be hesitant to use the package you found on phpclasses. It doesn't seem
to be well maintained and I haven't been able to find any instances of a
project successfully utilizing it. Do you know of any examples?

The Event_Dispatcher pear package seems a better choice, though I'd like to
see a description of how you use it in your design. For this project in
particular it will be necessary to start with a pretty complete design as
there will be many inter-related parts that will have to be coded (e.g.
subscriptions, notification "core", notification plugins, user/admin
configuration, etc).

I'll look forward to seeing your proposal,

-Vinny