[geeklog-devel] Wanted: New home for Blaine's plugins

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sun May 2 16:25:18 EDT 2010

For those who haven't seen it yet: Blaine has announced[1] that he's
retiring from Geeklog development.

Thanks, Blaine, for all your contributions (code and otherwise) to
Geeklog over the years. I'm sure your plugins (especially, but not
limited to, the Forum) helped a lot in the adoption and success of Geeklog.

So now we need to find new homes and maintainers for all those plugins,
especially for the popular ones.

I have pushed out a security fix for the Forum plugin today[2] but have
no intention of continuing the support for it. If anyone wants my
changes, they're available[3] but I would suggest you start with the
more modern version of the Forum plugin that ships with NexPro[4] instead.

I had already started poking around in the File Management plugin a
while ago and decided to make that public[5] now. I'll probably do a
1.5.4 release eventually. If anyone wants to help, let me know.

bye, Dirk

[1] http://www.portalparts.com/article.php?story=geeklog_retirement
[2] http://www.geeklog.net/article.php/forum-2.7.3
[3] http://project.geeklog.net/cgi-bin/hgwebdir.cgi/forum/