[geeklog-devel] Graphics

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Wed Nov 3 15:36:32 EDT 2010

Tom wrote:

> I also hope to switch over to the css version of the Professional theme from
> Geeklog.jp but I have to look into that a bit more.

I actually had a look at it last weekend to check if it would be possible to use it in 1.8.0.

While it's obviously a good clean start, there are a couple of things I didn't like:

- The font is different, at least on my machine. Despite what's declared in the CSS, I get a serif font instead of a sans-serif font (checked with Firefox and Safari).

- It has a fixed width.

- Some of the alignments are odd or off, e.g. for the search box in the left block or the line with the "welcome" and the date above the centerblock. I realize not everything can be translated 1:1 to pure CSS, so some of them may simply require some getting used to, e.g. the R/E checkboxes for the permissions.

- In many forms, text before and after checkboxes needs some horizontal space, IMO.

- In the plain story editor, the width of the intro/body text areas should be increased. Also, there's a border around the permissions editor but not around anything else.

As I said, it's a good start (and I don't doubt it was a lot of work - kudos). But I think it needs some fine-tuning before it becomes our default theme.