[geeklog-devel] Google Code-in: Tasks and Mentors wanted!

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Fri Nov 5 15:54:48 EDT 2010

> We are going to apply for participation in the Google Code-in

Well, the list of participating organizations has been posted - and we're not part of it:

http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/2010/11/announcing-accepted-organizations-for.html

I'll try and get some more information.

Anyway, now that we have that handy list of tasks, we're going to make use of it. Stay tuned for details.

In the meantime: If you know any 13-18 year-olds that may be interested in getting involved with an open source project (and don't forget that there are non-programming tasks as well), please go ahead and tell them about the Google Code-in: http://www.google-melange.com/

Prices include a t-shirt, $100 for every 3 completed tasks (up to $500), and the chance to earn a trip to the Google Headquarters in Mountain View (with parents).