[geeklog-devel] Google Code-in: Tasks and Mentors wanted!

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Mon Nov 8 16:13:32 EST 2010

> Anyway, now that we have that handy list of tasks, we're going to make use of it. Stay tuned for details.

Okay, so I remembered openhatch.org, asked on IRC and got some encouraging feedback. So as an experiment, I've started posting some of our tasks there (with the intention of adding the rest as well):

https://openhatch.org/+projects/geeklog

OpenHatch looks like just the site made for things like this: These tasks are not bugs and therefore shouldn't go into our bugtracker. But we need to list them somewhere where people can find them. And why not among some other open source projects? Chances of being found there are higher (assuming the site as such has enough visitors, which I have been assured it has).

While copying tasks, I realized that they need to be rephrased slightly for the new audience (volunteers instead of students claiming a task with the intention of being paid), i.e. ask nicely :)

Once we have a bunch of tasks up there, I'll also make a post on geeklog.net.

bye, Dirk

Btw, the person to talk to about OpenHatch is paulproteus on #openhatch (or #gsoc) on irc.freenode.net