[geeklog-devel] Dropping support for PHP 4

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Sat Nov 6 10:35:28 EDT 2010

Looks good.

-----Original Message-----
From: geeklog-devel-bounces at lists.geeklog.net
[mailto:geeklog-devel-bounces at lists.geeklog.net] On Behalf Of Dirk Haun
Sent: November-06-10 9:45 AM
To: Geeklog Development
Subject: Re: [geeklog-devel] Dropping support for PHP 4

> My suggestions is that we find out when support for those systems finally
runs out (February 2012 seems to be one such date) and commit to providing
security fixes for Geeklog 1.7.x until that date.

It seems that February 29, 2012 is the "End of Production 3 phase" (whatever
that means) for RHEL 4. They even offer an "Extended Life Cycle phase" until
February 28, 2015(!)

Okay, 2015 is way too long, IMO. We have to draw a line somewhere and Feb
29, 2012 is just about as arbitrary as any other date. I'd suggest we pick
this one.

I've prepared a draft statement:

  http://wiki.geeklog.net/index.php/PHP_4_Support_discontinued

Comments, suggestions, corrections?