[geeklog-devel] Geeklog 1.7.1rc1 & looking ahead

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Wed Oct 13 17:55:18 EDT 2010

	duplicates:
		./public_html/calendar/images/delete_event.png

./public_html/layout/professional/images/icons/delete_event.png
	same icon as the above, but different format:
		./public_html/calendar/images/delete_event.gif
	different picture (but is it really required?) :
		./public_html/layout/professional/images/deleteitem.png

The delete_event icon should be in the calendar directory, the
deleteitem.png file is used by the admin interface. As you can tell the
images and icons directory structure needs a tidy up. There are also
probably a number of icons that are not used and need to be deleted. Why
don't you start fresh and arrange the images and icons on how you think they
should be done. Let us know what you come up with and keep track of the
changes (ie this icon was renamed this ... and moved here ...) so I will be
able to update the theme/geeklog code with them.

>I found a whole bunch of icons that are used to represent MIME types
>in ./public_html/images/library/Image/icons

I don't think these are used? Anyone know?

>I also wonder why the polls plugin has "bar.gif" inside the layout
>directory, but other plugins have their graphics in their own
>directories. This seems inconsistent to me...

It is! Make a note of it (or add to the geeklog bug tracker) as it should be
moved to the polls directory under public_html

Tom

On Wed, 2010-10-13 at 09:02 -0400, Tom wrote:
> Rouslan
>
> I guess it depends on the type of problem. Why don't you post the issues
> here and if we need to we can move it to another venue.

Maybe I got the wording wrong, these aren't really problems, but maybe
things that should be looked at.

I found some duplicate content here:
	duplicates:
		./public_html/calendar/images/delete_event.png

./public_html/layout/professional/images/icons/delete_event.png
	same icon as the above, but different format:
		./public_html/calendar/images/delete_event.gif
	different picture (but is it really required?) :
		./public_html/layout/professional/images/deleteitem.png

I found a whole bunch of icons that are used to represent MIME types
in ./public_html/images/library/Image/icons
Do these icons need updating? Also these are all duplicated in:

./public_html/fckeditor/editor/filemanager/browser/default/images/icons/32

I also wonder why the polls plugin has "bar.gif" inside the layout
directory, but other plugins have their graphics in their own
directories. This seems inconsistent to me...

> Dirk/Rouslan
>
> I am not sure what the best tool for this but should we have some sort of
> repository for the source graphic files?
>
> Tom
Sorry, I don't know about this.

Rouslan