[geeklog-devel] Google Code-in: Tasks and Mentors wanted!

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Sat Oct 30 15:27:48 EDT 2010

I actually started to write some "User Interface" tasks but was running into
a few questions of my own (since we haven't yet discussed as a whole what
changes we want to see). I do think some basic changes are warranted at the
moment and are probably best for the students (most of these ideas are
borrowed from other CMS websites).

A new centerblock frontpage staticpage (or at least a mock up) is needed
that better describes what we are about with some graphics that fit within
the professional theme.

New Information Pages that would be linked probably from the top menu (most
of this is just flushing out the resources block). Here are a few ideas
- Getting Started Page - What the average user needs to start using Geeklog
and where to find it
- Community Page - How to find the community and support
- Documentation - A list of all documentation, install guides, etc.. (maybe
a link directly to the wiki?)
- Development - How to get involved in development, reporting bugs, etc...
- Marketplace - http://www.geeklog.net/staticpages/index.php/paid-support

If I can get some time I will add a few to the task list.

Tom