[geeklog-devel] Remote Services

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sat Oct 30 16:22:11 EDT 2010

Tom wrote:

> Also currently in the remoteservice column of the users table, the OAuth
> class saves the name of its remote service  as facebook, twitter or
> linkedin. It doesn't mention OAuth

Should it? I'd say "don't mention the mechanics". Users want to log in using their Facebook or Twitter account. As long as they can to that, they don't really care if it's using OAuth or some other protocol.

> and conceivably we could get duplications
> if there is more than one way to access ... say your facebook account.

In that case you could still call it FriendConnect (or whatever the name of the other protocol was). That would still be recognized by more people than OAuth.

Okay, I just realized that I'm contradicting myself :) I still think we should keep it simple and just wait if the duplication ever happens.