[geeklog-devel] Configuration tooltips

Joe Mucchiello jmucchiello at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 6 20:30:46 EDT 2011

> Adding a new document type to PLG_getDocumentationUrl  like I suggested
> would work as well though I am not sure how many plugin developers would
> use it.

Might be better to move the documentation into PHP and generate it using
templates. Moving the data into the language files, I think, makes it easier to
keep it up to date.

> Looking at your code again I just realized we could just scrap
> PLG_getConfigTooltip and the configuration could just look to see if the
> language array exists and if it does then it can use the data from it.

A function is a cleaner interface. How do you what the name of the language
array is?

I hate all variable level dependencies. Function level dependencies at least can
be recoded/refactored. Once you create a variable level dependency you are stuck
with it. That's also why I made the COM_newTemplate patch. Ultimately, I'd like
to see USER, GROUPS, CONF, PLUGINS and all the language arrays disappear as
well. It would happen soon but I think it should be a goal, perhaps for a real
Geeklog 2.0.