[geeklog-devel] SPAMX

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sun Aug 7 13:19:18 EDT 2011

Tom wrote:

> One I created a while ago that restricts the number of links a post can have

Sounds pretty straightforward but should be configurable (including being able to switch it off entirely), IMO.

For example, I would probably want to disable it on geeklog.net. Somebody posted a lot of links to his site in a forum thread[1] today. He wasn't spamming, though, just trying to figure out a problem (and was already punished by SLV).

> based on a Wordpress plugin that uses stopforumspam.com to validate email
> addresses and IPs when a user creates a new Geeklog account.

I wasn't sure what to make of that service initially, but it seems to be pretty much accepted (and supported in other web apps) these days. So thumbs up from me.

bye, Dirk

[1] http://www.geeklog.net/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=93084