[geeklog-devel] Anyone running Geeklog with the Suhosin patch?

Rouslan Placella rouslan at placella.com
Wed Aug 24 17:42:23 EDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-08-24 at 22:02 +0200, Dirk Haun wrote:
> This is about http://project.geeklog.net/tracking/view.php?id=1380
>
> Not sure what's happening there. It seems the install script is crapping out somewhere during the plugin install phase. Does one of our plugins not like the Suhosin patch? Only guessing here, though.
>
> I don't have a setup with the Suhosin patch. Anyone happen to have that ready and be willing to do a quick test install of 1.8.0?

Well, I don't normally run suhosin, but it's really quick to pop it in
and out on my box :)

I can confirm that I'm getting the same error as in the above mentioned
bug report. However if, instead of selecting the "Install" button in
step 2, I select the "Install and configure additional plugins", there
is no error and the install completes successfully, including all
plugins. So it could also be an issue with the install script rather
than a plugin...

Also, the Firebug console is telling me that there is an Internal server
error after hitting the "Install" button:
--->%---
"NetworkError: 500 Internal Server Error -
http://localhost/geeklog-1.8.0rc1/public_html/admin/install/index.php?mode=install&step=3&dbconfig_path=/var/www/geeklog-1.8.0rc1/db-config.php&install_plugins=&language=english&site_name=Geeklog+Site&site_slogan=Another+Nifty+Geeklog+Site&site_url=http%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%2Fgeeklog-1.8.0rc1%2Fpublic_html&site_admin_url=http%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%2Fgeeklog-1.8.0rc1%2Fpublic_html%2Fadmin&site_mail=admin%40localhost&noreply_mail=noreply%40localhost"
--->%---

Also, if I add the following line of code at the beginning of
PLG_collectTags(), so that the code inside this function does not get
executed at all.
--->%---
return array();
--->%---
Then the install also succeeds (the regular one, not the "Install and
configure additional plugins").

Let me know if I can be of further help...

Rouslan