[geeklog-devel] Geeklog Unit Tests

Vincent Furia vfuria at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 00:23:09 EDT 2011

Dirk or anyone else who has used the unit test framework,

I'm trying to write some unit tests for some stuff I'm working on. After
following the instructions (which seem a bit out of date) in the README.txt
to install the test framework I get the following error when I try to run
the test:

vmf at sebastian:~/workspace/test-framework/tests$ phpunit
> ../testpackage/suite/geeklog/
> PHP Notice:  Please no longer include "PHPUnit/Framework.php". in
> /usr/share/php/PHPUnit/Framework.php on line 50
> PHP Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare class config in
> /home/vmf/workspace/geeklog-password/system/classes/config.class.php on line
> 34

It looks like there is an error with the class "config" being redeclared. I
assume this is caused by something in the test framework also have a class
name of "config". Could you let me know how I might fix this?

Note that at least some of the tests are working:

> vmf at sebastian:~/workspace/test-framework/tests$ phpunit
> ../testpackage/suite/geeklog/system/lib-mbyteNoMBTest.php
> PHP Notice:  Please no longer include "PHPUnit/Framework.php". in
> /usr/share/php/PHPUnit/Framework.php on line 50
> PHPUnit 3.5.15 by Sebastian Bergmann.
> Time: 0 seconds, Memory: 5.50Mb
> OK (13 tests, 84 assertions)

Thanks,