[geeklog-devel] Apache Chemistry - CMIS implementation

dilantha silva dilantha.tyrant at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 02:02:47 EST 2011

Hi Dirk,

I had a quick look at Apache Chemistry and downloaded its php client and
tried to test it with geeklog. and i think since geeklog is not cmis
compatible it didn't work properly. At the moment it can be used with some
cmis compatible content repositories like Alfresco, Nuxeo, KnowledgeTree
etc. I have found a good tutorial for getting started with cmis
here<http://ecmarchitect.com/archives/2009/11/23/1094>. It is based on
Alfresco platform but it can be used to get some idea.

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 8:31 PM, Dirk Haun <dirk at haun-online.de> wrote:

> I hadn't heard of this project before:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/chemistry/
>
> This is an implementation of the Content Management Interoperability
> Services (CMIS) specification. CMIS is something that we've talked about at
> the traditional CMS meetup at the GSoC mentor summit. As the name suggests,
> it would allow for some data exchange between CMS. Helping in moving from
> one CMS to another would come to mind as an obvious use case.
>
> IIRC, the consensus at the meetup was something along the lines of "CMIS
> sounds like a good idea but it's a pain to implement". Well maybe things are
> easier with Apache Chemistry now. Maybe not.
>
> Anyone want to look into it?
>
> bye, Dirk
>
> P.S. Apache Chemistry just got promoted to a top-level Apache project
> (which is how I heard about it), so it's no longer in incubation.

Regards,

Dilantha Silva,
http://twitter.com/dilanthasilva | http://www.linkedin.com/in/dilanthasilva|
https://launchpad.net/~dilantha