[geeklog-devel] Apache Chemistry - CMIS implementation

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Thu Feb 17 10:01:30 EST 2011

I hadn't heard of this project before:

http://incubator.apache.org/chemistry/

This is an implementation of the Content Management Interoperability
Services (CMIS) specification. CMIS is something that we've talked
about at the traditional CMS meetup at the GSoC mentor summit. As the
name suggests, it would allow for some data exchange between CMS.
Helping in moving from one CMS to another would come to mind as an
obvious use case.

IIRC, the consensus at the meetup was something along the lines of
"CMIS sounds like a good idea but it's a pain to implement". Well
maybe things are easier with Apache Chemistry now. Maybe not.

Anyone want to look into it?

bye, Dirk

P.S. Apache Chemistry just got promoted to a top-level Apache project
(which is how I heard about it), so it's no longer in incubation.