[geeklog-devel] Our application for GSoC 2011

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Fri Feb 25 09:02:18 EST 2011

Hey Joe,

No I haven't used your tags plugin (on a live site) but we did talk about it
at one point  where you were using it as an example of how to integrate the
rating plugin better into Geeklog (which I did do).

I was going to use yours but in the end I decided I didn't have enough time
to maintain another plugin.

I have been using the Tag plugin for a while which mystral_kk did add
support for staticpages recently.

I have a few ideas about the new Category/Tags plugin (with core changes)
but I really need to sit down and flush out the idea. Here are few
highlights (note some of them might be wishful thinking):

- Tags Related to Tags (ie Categories)
- Anything can be tagged that supports the API
- Integration into edit forms (ie tags are listed in Drop Downs).
- Security (Read, Edit and Usage)
- A Tag ( or category what should they be called?) can be displayed similar
to topics but can contain one or more item types. Supports inheriting items
from related tags.
- Control of what blocks are displayed (I really need to look into this as I
haven't looked at the code before)
- Breadcrumb support (that follows Google's guidelines)
- Some sort of What's Related Block/Autotag Block

If anyone else has any other suggestion of features let me know...

Tom