[geeklog-devel] Geeklog Printable Pages and Google

Website Master websitemaster at cogeco.net
Sun Jan 2 17:16:55 EST 2011

Hi all,

I hope everyone has had a good new year so far. My main PC  suffered a
motherboard meltdown last week so I ended up having to get a whole new
computer. I think I am almost finished moving over all my data, applications
and settings.  Uugghh!

Anyways, does anyone have any problems with me added the following meta tag
to the story and staticpage printable templates?

<META name="robots" content="NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW" />

I do not see the point of having these files indexed since the regular
versions are already indexed. I hate when I see in Google my print version
of a story outranking for some reason the actual version of the story. We
could also maybe just use:

<META name="robots" content="NOINDEX" />

To indicate not to index the page but follow the links (though the links
would be on the regular page and followed there so the other example may be
better?).

Does anyone have any thoughts on the matter?