[geeklog-devel] Geeklog Professional CSS theme

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Mon Jan 24 14:20:43 EST 2011

Dan Stoner wrote:

> So I was about to spout my personal angst against sites that are
> locked to narrow widths and prevent me from using all the screen real
> estate on my hard-earned 1920x1200 monitor... but then I looked at the
> web sites of the "big three" CMSes:
>
> All are "Fixed Width" at 960px (drupal actually uses 940px for some
> content nodes).

I'm also a fan of fluid layouts and for the record, the preferred width of my browser window is somewhere around 800px, as I'd like to see what else is happening in other applications (why do we have multitasking again?).

Having said that: If this is a current trend and since the usual complaint is that our themes are not "modern" enough - why not? Anybody who doesn't like it can simply use another theme.