[geeklog-devel] GSoC 2011 announced

Joe Mucchiello jmucchiello at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 26 21:59:55 EST 2011

Dirk wrote:
> Rouslan Placella wrote:
>
>> How about integrating the Aloha editor as a project?
>
> I had that idea already, but I doubt it would keep someone busy for a
> summer. I think I had the proof-of-concept integration (minus saving,
> though) done in about 30 minutes and that only took me so long since I was
> doing it on an iPad, logged into my Linux box at home, all the way from
> Amsterdam ;-)

How about changing editor integration into something so simple you can just do
something like [advanced_editor:identifier opt1=abc opt2=def height=8] in a
template file and through the magic of autotags (and some core support) the
editor just "magically" appears so that plugin writers don't have to figure out
how to do advanced editor support. (I'm guessing it would also take a function
to pull this off but tying the function to an autotag would be great.) Right now
editor integration requires work when it should be simple to put an advanced
editor onto a page.Would that take a summer?

And of course it should be easy to swap out the Aloha editor with some other
editor.

  Joe