[geeklog-devel] GSoC 2011 announced

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sat Jan 29 03:52:53 EST 2011

Dan Stoner wrote:

> Are adding editors really so simple?  It seems like there are a lot of
> "quirks" that could use some polish.

Keep in mind that we're looking for projects that would keep a student busy for 3 months (and that's working on it more or less full time).

I'd say a working integration of Aloha, i.e. being able to save, create new stories, and respect permissions, should take about a week. Then you'd have to do it again for the other areas / plugins as well (staticpages etc.). Add another few days for some nice support of autotags, and the image upload (if available). That should still be way less than a month's worth of work.

Since Aloha is an inline editor, it's probably worth taking a fresh look at how Geeklog works from that perspective. Like, for example, being able to edit "normal" blocks without going to the editor would be a nice new feature. So there may well be some more work here. Still not sure if there's enough for a full-fledged GSoC project, but we should start collecting these ideas. Use the wiki.