[geeklog-devel] More automation (was: Feature freeze)

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Thu Jun 2 09:10:18 EDT 2011

> And removing a tag (like the fake geeklog_1_8_0rc2) also works as expected, i.e. it doesn't do anything :)
>
> So this part of the release process is ready now ...

Today's geeklog_1_8_0rc2 tag was real :)

--- snip ---
New release tagged: geeklog_1_8_0rc2, i.e. geeklog-1.8.0rc2
Checking out geeklog_1_8_0rc2 ...
requesting all changes
adding changesets
adding manifests
adding file changes
added 7913 changesets with 25821 changes to 2945 files
updating to branch HEAD
1820 files updated, 0 files merged, 0 files removed, 0 files unresolved
Preparing geeklog-1.8.0rc2 archive ...
geeklog-1.8.0rc2.tar.gz created.
Sent geeklog-1.8.0rc2.tar.gz to www.geeklog.net
Archiving artifacts
Recording fingerprints
No emails were triggered.
Finished: SUCCESS
--- snip ---

http://project.geeklog.net:8080/job/geeklog-release/40/console

So all I had to do on the other end was to write the release announcement and approve the file from the File Management's submission queue. This is such a huge improvement over the previous process which required half a dozen manual steps ...