[geeklog-devel] more GSoC project ideas

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Thu Mar 3 15:19:34 EST 2011

Rouslan Placella wrote:

> More ideas:
>
> * Add support for SQLite databases (self-explanatory).

We talked about this on IRC - not sure if adding even more DB engines that hardly anyone uses is buying us anything at this point.

But I dug out a somewhat related idea: Add support for MySQLi

http://php.net/manual/en/book.mysqli.php

Does anyone know more about MySQLi? From my understanding, it's a more modern API for MySQL. This could be interesting from a performance point of view. No idea if it's enough to make a full GSoC project, but it's probably a bit of work in any case.