[geeklog-devel] Our application for GSoC 2011

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Mon Mar 7 16:31:18 EST 2011

prasath nadarajah wrote:

> Hi,
> I,m interested in providing metaweblog API support for geeklog??
> Most of the web/mobile clients supports metaweblog API.
> I intend to support the basic method for publishing/retrieving content what you think??

Geeklog already uses AtomPub which provides the same functionality. Unfortunately, AtomPub never really caught on. So there may be a point in implementing a second protocol, if it's one that is more popular.

Our webservices API was written with that in mind, actually. See
http://wiki.geeklog.net/index.php/Using_the_Webservices