[geeklog-devel] GSoC 2011

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Thu Mar 10 16:34:48 EST 2011

harsh gidra wrote:

> I am interested in applying for Geeklog in GSoC 2011. I am done with the 'Beginner's Guide to Programming' [4] and am diving into the source code. I have gone through the ideas list and hope to produce some code snippets/screenshots related to the same very soon.

Welcome and thanks.

As we're slowly wrapping up 1.8.0 development, we could also need some help in testing that version. That will also be the version students would be working on (assuming that we're accepted as a mentoring organization).

I see there are already some bugreports for 1.8.0 in the bugtracker. Thanks and keep them coming!

If anyone wants to help testing, you can use the nightly tarball, which is packaged like a regular Geeklog release, or check out from our Mercurial repository. Details on the wiki:

http://wiki.geeklog.net/index.php/Installing_from_the_Mercurial_Repository