[geeklog-devel] Google Summer of Code 2011

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Sat Mar 19 09:42:41 EDT 2011

>> There's an IRC meeting for the rejected orgs on Wednesday where I'll try
to find out more about why we didn't make the cut this year. And of course
learn what we can do to get in again in a possible future GSoC :)

Sounds good

>> In the meantime, we have an upcoming release to take care of. And on the
plus side, we now have some breathing room to take care of the successful
GSoC projects from past years that haven't been rolled into Geeklog yet. So,
let's roll up our sleeves and get some coding done.

It is too bad we didn't get into GSOC but as you said there is an upside to
it all as we can concentrate on previous GSOC projects and other features.

Since Rouslan is working on the theme and Joe plans to work on his template
plugin I will be concentrating on allowing topics to be associated with
other objects:

http://project.geeklog.net/tracking/view.php?id=1155

I will also work on the Geeklog.net redesign

http://wiki.geeklog.net/index.php/Geeklog.net_Redesign

With the redesign I will be obviously be looking for feedback after each
step along with volunteers to help  write the new pages once we figure out
the layout.

Tom

>> if Geeklog is accepted as a mentoring organization.
>
> We'll know in a few hours :)

And the answer is - nope, we didn't get in this time.

I'm a bit disappointed, of course, but we had 4 great years in a row. I'd
like to thank Google for giving us the opportunity.