[geeklog-devel] Google Summer of Code 2011

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Wed Mar 23 07:51:30 EDT 2011

The full log of yesterday's IRC session for the rejected organization
is now online:

http://ibot.rikers.org/%23gsoc/20110322.html.gz

Meeting starts at 16:09.37

Even though we got a "thumbs up" for our ideas page, there's always
room for improvement, of course. The feedback that some of the other
orgs got on theirs includes some hints on what we could improve.

For example: The ideas page being the main starting point for
students, so it should contain all the necessary information, not only
on GSoC but also about the organization itself. That makes sense,
considering that the ideas page is linked from the list of accepted
orgs and may be the first thing the student sees about an
organization. Our ideas page currently doesn't really say what we're
doing.

The entire feedback session lasted 4 hours(!). Kudos to Carol for
that. Read through it if you have some time - lots of interesting
tidbits in there.