[geeklog-devel] Geeklog 1.8.0 release schedule

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Sun Mar 27 13:35:48 EDT 2011

Hmmmm....

>> So the plugins could indicate that they require 1.8.0b1 (or 1.8.0hg), but
that looks odd

I agree and it may confuse some users.

I am not sure if this would work but could we make the new version check
just worry about the 1.8.0 part and anything past the third number will be
assumed to be compatible? This would mean no new features or DB changes
could take place in a beta, service release, etc. I am not sure if this
would work for how Geeklog JP distinguishes between their upgraded japan
versions of some plugins though...

Another idea would be to have a standard way for beta, service release and
release candidate version numbers.

For example if 1.8.0b## is found then it is assumed a beta and will consider
1.8.0 and 1.8.0b## to be compatible.

We could then use sr for service release (1.8.0sr##) and rs for release
candidate (or whatever we decide)

I think I like the second idea better

Tom