[geeklog-devel] Geeklog 1.8.0 release schedule

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Mon Mar 28 15:06:47 EDT 2011

> I've set the Geeklog version number to 1.8.0b1. All the bundled plugins require Geeklog 1.8.0. Due to the new version check, however, they all refuse to install since 1.8.0b1 < 1.8.0

Well, I've changed the version number back to just 1.8.0 for now. That way, it'll install the plugins. That would probably be fine for a beta but still needs a solution for RCs and the final release.

Rouslan had an idea (from IRC):

roccivic	‣	how about checking if we are running a beta/rc and if yes, to limit the comparison to the first three numbers in the version?

I guess that could work: As long as we're in "prerelease mode", ignore the details.