[geeklog-devel] Geeklog Topics and Blocks

Vincent Furia vfuria at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 03:14:43 EDT 2011

What about a separate table to track what you want to store in value? Or add
a column to the topic table, at least for featured stories (I never
understood why this was in the story table and not the topic table). You
could also have special values for tid to represent all topics or homepage
only (I'd suggest numerics, but you could use NULL).

Since you're likely going to be using this table for joins, I'd suggest
keeping it as simply as possible (e.g. removing the "value" column
completely and moving the information you'd keep in there elsewhere).

-Vinny