[geeklog-devel] Constant XHTML

Vincent Furia vfuria at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 10:42:57 EDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 08:03, Tom <websitemaster at cogeco.net> wrote:

> Does this sound good to you Vinny? (asking since hopefully at some point
> the
> GSOC Template Engine Upgrade project may happen)

I don't really have a strong opinion. I suspect no matter what we do theme
developers will have a little bit of work when we replace the template
engine. Wherever possible let's try to keep as much backward compatibility
as possible (PHP's *function_exists* function is really helpful for
that...).

> We might as well use the same file then (functions.php). This way it will
> get included and old themes will still work most of the time (with the
> default setting of error reporting) even if they do not include the new
> functions.

This sounds like a good idea. Let's keep all the themes' php code in one
place; a location that already exists is even better.

> Could you also do a quick update in the wiki with the new functions then
> (since functions.php is only mentioned in the tips section)

> http://wiki.geeklog.net/index.php/Theme_Developers_Guide
> http://wiki.geeklog.net/index.php/Themes_and_XHTML

I assume this was for Rouslon?

-Vinny