[geeklog-devel] Non table layout (was Geeklog 1.9.0 or Geeklog 2.0.0?)

Rouslan Placella rouslan at placella.com
Sun Apr 15 15:27:12 EDT 2012

On 15/04/12 20:11, Yoshinori Tahara wrote:
> Hi, Tom
>
> Thanks for your looking into my work.
> I want to add a little explanation.
>
> I have dropped the table layout from the configuration. Changes to
> config.class.php is relatively large.
> I have dropped the table layout from the templates of the default plugins.
> I have modified style.css of the Professional theme in order to adapt
> to the classes for the CSS layout.
> I have modified the fckeditor for Responsive Web design.
>
> The Denim theme has been created based on the professional_css theme.
> I have improved some of the professional_css theme.
> To reduce the number of HTTP requests, merged into single style sheet.

This is done in newpro theme as well, although in a different way [0].
The stylesheets are still kept in separate files (easier to work with
for developers), but they are assembled on the server side and then
cached on the client side. This also allows a really easy way to
implement RTL display by using placeholders. See the implementation for
RTL here [1] and sample usage here [2].

Bye,
Rouslan

[0]: