[geeklog-devel] Non table layout (was Geeklog 1.9.0 or Geeklog 2.0.0?)

Yoshinori Tahara taharaxp at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 08:27:08 EDT 2012

> Rouslan wrote:
> This is done in newpro theme as well, although in a different way [0].
> The stylesheets are still kept in separate files (easier to work with
> for developers), but they are assembled on the server side and then
> cached on the client side. This also allows a really easy way to
> implement RTL display by using placeholders. See the implementation for
> RTL here [1] and sample usage here [2].

For this matter, I have a different opinion with you.
Your solution is not common.
I think that you cope with complicated techniques to complex situations.

Indeed, separate the stylesheets properly, readability is increasing.
However, the number of stylesheets of professional_css is too many.
If you bring them all into one, the problem is easier.

For display of RTL, there is an easier way.
If you select a stylesheet depending on the value of a variable $
LANG_DIRECTION in a theme's function.php, the matter is resolved.

$cssfile = ($LANG_DIRECTION == 'rtl') ? '/style_rtl.css' : '/style.css';
$_SCRIPTS->setCSSFile('theme', '/layout/' . $_CONF['theme'] . $cssfile);

--
Yoshinori Tahara - dengen