[geeklog-devel] Non table layout (was Geeklog 1.9.0 or Geeklog 2.0.0?)

geeklog at mystral-kk.net geeklog at mystral-kk.net
Wed Apr 18 19:00:49 EDT 2012

Hi all,

> Hi Ivy,
>
> The times that you have posted are for processing PHP code and have
> nothing to do with the theme. The CSS is loaded asynchronously and you
> can only see the overhead for those with a network monitor (e.g.:
> wireshark or firebug's "Net" panel). Anyway, I can assure you that
> firing one HTTP request is much faster than firing a dozen of them...

Yoshinori Tahara decreases the number of HTTP request by combining all CSS
files into one by the theme designer's hand, while Rouslan does so by
merging all CSS files on the server-side (PHP).  The ways look different,
but what is done is similar.  So, which is the more suitable for
encouraging theme designers to create a new work?  I mean "theme
designers" are ones who don't know much about PHP.  I am not a theme
designer, so I don't know the answer.  However, it is important whether
theme designers, not developers,  feel it easy to produce a new theme.

As for Rouslan's way, why don't you use tools to optimize CSS and
JavaScript files, such as minify[1]?  You should do minify CSS files
better and cache them on the **server** side.

[1] http://code.google.com/p/minify/ (New BSD License)
--
  mystral-kk
  geeklog at mystral-kk.net