[geeklog-devel] Geeklog 2.0.0 Themes

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Sat Apr 28 10:45:21 EDT 2012

Okay,

We currently have 4 themes in the Geeklog Repository. denim, newpro,
professional, and professional_css. Both professional themes support the
Geeklog 1.8.1 theme engine while denim and soon newpro will support the
upgraded version

When we release Geeklog 2.0.0 I would like to include 3 themes denim, newpro
and professional in the install. I figure we should include the professional
theme since that is the theme most people probably have based their own
themes on and it will make it easier for them to update their site.

I think once we have done one or two bug fix releases of Geeklog (ie Geeklog
2.0.x) we can drop the professional theme from the install and just add it
to the themes downloads  directory if people are still looking for it.  This
way we can just concentrate on the 2 main themes (denim, newpro) going
forward.

Also Developers remember if we add any new template variables or make
changes to Geeklog code that affects themes we need to make sure all themes
in the repository receives the updates (if it is for their supported theme
engine).

The last few things I plan to do before the release:

1) Upgrade jQuery and jQuery UI to the latest version

2) Add Breadcrumb support to the new theme engine so breadcrumbs can be
displayed in the header template.

Thoughts, Questions, Suggestions, Comments? :-)