[geeklog-devel] Geeklog 1.8.2 release?

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Sat Dec 22 08:13:45 EST 2012

Sounds good Dirk. No objections here.

Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: geeklog-devel-bounces at lists.geeklog.net
[mailto:geeklog-devel-bounces at lists.geeklog.net] On Behalf Of Dirk Haun
Sent: December-22-12 5:24 AM
To: Geeklog Development
Subject: [geeklog-devel] Geeklog 1.8.2 release?

Two weeks ago, I finally updated my blog (which was stuck on some customised
1.7.something) to 1.8.1. I also wanted to allow Twitter OAuth logins, only
to discover that they don't work any more in 1.8.1. So I ported over the fix
from 2.0.0, threw in the fixes for MySQL 5.5 compatibility and cherry picked
a few more that seemed useful and non-invasive.

I'm wondering if we should release this as Geeklog 1.8.2.

I don't want to delay 2.0.0 any further and I don't think it would - it's
just a question of packaging it and putting it up on the website.  With the
compatibility breaks in 2.0.0, I would assume some people are hesitant to
upgrade just yet, especially if they depend on an incompatible plugin, so a
last 1.8.x release would be useful for those, especially if it fixes bugs.
Plus, we haven't done a release in over a year!

What do you think?

The changes are in the geeklog_1_8_0_1 branch in the repository now. I could
do the release after Christmas if there are no objections. The only changes
in 2.0.0 would be to the install script and the documentation. I can do
those, too.

bye, Dirk

P.S. In case you've been wondering why I wasn't too active in Geeklog over
the last few months:
http://www.themobilepresenter.com/article.php/presenting-for-geeks-book

--
http://www.themobilepresenter.com/