[geeklog-devel] Geeklog 1.8.2 release?

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sat Dec 22 05:24:27 EST 2012

Two weeks ago, I finally updated my blog (which was stuck on some customised 1.7.something) to 1.8.1. I also wanted to allow Twitter OAuth logins, only to discover that they don't work any more in 1.8.1. So I ported over the fix from 2.0.0, threw in the fixes for MySQL 5.5 compatibility and cherry picked a few more that seemed useful and non-invasive.

I'm wondering if we should release this as Geeklog 1.8.2. 

I don't want to delay 2.0.0 any further and I don't think it would - it's just a question of packaging it and putting it up on the website.  With the compatibility breaks in 2.0.0, I would assume some people are hesitant to upgrade just yet, especially if they depend on an incompatible plugin, so a last 1.8.x release would be useful for those, especially if it fixes bugs. Plus, we haven't done a release in over a year!

What do you think?

The changes are in the geeklog_1_8_0_1 branch in the repository now. I could do the release after Christmas if there are no objections. The only changes in 2.0.0 would be to the install script and the documentation. I can do those, too.

bye, Dirk

P.S. In case you've been wondering why I wasn't too active in Geeklog over the last few months:


More information about the geeklog-devel mailing list