[geeklog-devel] Geeklog 2.0.0b2 Questions

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Mon Jun 18 09:56:33 EDT 2012

Hi All,

I have been pretty busy so I haven't had much time for Geeklog lately.
Looking at the bug tracker I see only a few bugs left...

0001453: welcome mail password
http://project.geeklog.net/tracking/view.php?id=1453

0001403: MySQL "TYPE=MyIsam" option still remains
http://project.geeklog.net/tracking/view.php?id=1403

Seems to be still a bunch of E_ALL fixes to be made in the comment  code.
You have to change the config options "Comment on Same Page?" and
"Show Comments at Replying?"  to get them all to happen.

and possibly this one

0001149: Remove hardcoded checks for TLD in domain names
http://project.geeklog.net/tracking/view.php?id=1149

Should we clean these ones up and release a Beta 2 some point soon?

I am also wondering about our MSSQL and PGSQL support. We have had some
reports of problems trying to install pgsql but no one (as far as I know)
has checked in on these. What should we do?

I also see that Dengen has been working on getting the forum plugin ready
for Geeklog 2.0.0 (thanks).

After Geeklog Beta 2 is released I will have to install Geeklog.net on my
development server just to make sure all the other plugins work that the
site uses. I will also have to make sure they all look fine with our new
theme.