[geeklog-devel] Odd upgrade error

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Sun Mar 4 16:47:16 EST 2012

I had a quick look at the problem (my son is sick so I couldn't really dig
much deeper) and it is not limited to the spamx plugin. The polls and
calendar plugin suffer a similar problem when their dynamic block tabs get
added.

I will refer to the spamx plugin but the others is probably the same problem
since the upgrade process is similar.

In Spam-X 1.2.1 the upgrade runs the line

"UPDATE {$_TABLES['conf_values']} SET tab = fieldset WHERE group_name =
'spamx'",

This was to fix the problem when Geeklog went from no tabs in the
configuration to tabs (1.7.2 to 1.8.0) and Geeklog actually does the same
thing with the core configuration options.

Then in Spam-X 1.2.2 we add in the new tabs and fieldsets for the modules
(the fieldset and tab numbers actually are different for this update). When
I look at the migrated pre 1.5 db this new tab and fieldset share the same
value, they shouldn't.

Somehow it looks like maybe either that Spam-X 1.2.1 line ran after the
1.2.2 upgrade (I do not see how) or maybe an update gets run (ie UPDATE
{$_TABLES['conf_values']} SET tab = fieldset) without a where clause that
sets all tabs to equal fieldsets at some point after the upgrade of these
plugins.  I check the other plugins and they all seem to specify the proper
group_name when their upgrade process is run so I am not sure...

Tom