[geeklog-devel] Geeklog Feeds and how they are suppose to work?

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sat Oct 6 15:27:25 EDT 2012

Tom wrote:

> No that is not what it is doing. If you pass a type it does nothing but pass
> it to all the plugins that have a feed. plugin_feedupdatecheck_xxx is run
> for every plugin regardless of what type is passed.

You're right. And that doesn't make any sense.

> So I will change the function to if a type is passed just run the feed(s)
> for that plugin.

I guess it would be enough to fix the first $sql assignment to check for (type = '$updated_type') instead of (type <> 'article')

> What I plan to do is move the call to COM_rdfUpToDateCheck to lib_common but
> it will only run for articles if it needs too. I will store in Geeklog Var
> table the date/time of the lastest story that has been publish. If a quick
> check of this compared to the article table fails then COM_rdfUpToDateCheck
> will run for the articles and then the var table will be updated. When an
> article is saved/updated/deleted I will have to add an update to the var
> table as well.
>
> I do not plan to run it for other plugins in lib-common. Plugins can take
> care of that themselves. :-)
>
> If that makes sense then I will go ahead and update the code.

I'm still a little worried about a possible performance impact but if you think you've got that covered - go ahead.

http://www.themobilepresenter.com/