[geeklog-devel] Geeklog Template Class Improvements

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Fri Apr 12 11:09:56 EDT 2013

Hi All,

I am looking into updating the Geeklog Template Class with the one from
glFusion.

I have most parts working but I still need to do a few tweaks to get it
working 100%. Before I spend more time on this I just want to get everyone's
thumbs up or down for adding it to the repository.

Here are the features it will Add:

- All current Geeklog themes, plugins, etc.. will be compatible and require
no changes (except maybe for the media gallery that already uses the caching
template library)

- A Caching Template Library (Compiles templates to PHP code for enhanced
page load speeds). This can be turned off if needed as there are some cases
with servers that have slow disk access which may give negative speed
improvements

- Adds logic processing to the templates

- Themes can now be based on another theme and only contain the changed
template files

I will also have to reapply most of the changes from 2010 onwards that we
did to our current Template class (which are only a few).

Let me know what you guys think?