[geeklog-devel] Geeklog Template Class Improvements

Kenji ITO geeklog at mystral-kk.net
Fri Apr 12 18:32:55 EDT 2013

Tom wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am looking into updating the Geeklog Template Class with the one from
> glFusion.
>
> I have most parts working but I still need to do a few tweaks to get it
> working 100%. Before I spend more time on this I just want to get
> everyone's
> thumbs up or down for adding it to the repository.
>
> Here are the features it will Add:
>
> - All current Geeklog themes, plugins, etc.. will be compatible and
> require
> no changes (except maybe for the media gallery that already uses the
> caching
> template library)
>
> - A Caching Template Library (Compiles templates to PHP code for enhanced
> page load speeds). This can be turned off if needed as there are some
> cases
> with servers that have slow disk access which may give negative speed
> improvements
>
> - Adds logic processing to the templates
>
> - Themes can now be based on another theme and only contain the changed
> template files
>
> I will also have to reapply most of the changes from 2010 onwards that we
> did to our current Template class (which are only a few).
>
> Let me know what you guys think?
>
> Tom

Good news!  I would like to see the features implemented.  Whether to turn
on caching should be an admin configuration item.  Besides, I hope to see
a fall back feature, where some template file of a new theme is missing,
Geeklog will use the counterpart file of the default theme.
--
Kenji
http://mystral-kk.net/