[geeklog-devel] Geeklog OAuth Logins

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Sun Aug 25 01:55:48 EDT 2013

FYI

I have merged the OAuth stuff into HEAD since I got most of it working now.
Depending on what the OAuth Provider supports, Oauth version 1.0, 1.0a, or
2.0 is used.

Things still needing work:

 - Microsoft Login has not been tested
 - Facebook profile image doesn't always seem to get transferred
 - Yahoo login doesn't work yet and a mysql error is the result due to
missing data when a user account is created since the scope has not been
defined (what data we want from Yahoo)

Things already tested but could be tested again by someone else:

- Facebook Login
- Twitter Login
- LinkedIn Login
- Google Login
- Re-synch of user account (found in My Account) using each of the above
login methods

Anyone who wants to test the OAuth Logins or wants to take a crack at
working on the Yahoo stuff is more than welcome too. Our wiki page also
needs updated to let people know how to get the ids and secrets  from each
of the providers (http://wiki.geeklog.net/index.php/OAuth)  :-)

Oh yes, I almost forgot you can change the type of buttons used for OAuth
logins by updating the template file loginform_oauth.html. All you need to
do is just uncomment which type  you want (buttons with icons or just
straight image buttons)