[geeklog-devel] PHING

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sun Feb 24 09:33:54 EST 2013

> PHING is very much like Ant, only written in PHP. So it lets you define tasks that you need to perform on a regular (or not-so-regular) basis.

So here's a first, very simple application:

The PEAR packages that go into a release are pulled from a static archive[1] that hadn't been updated in a while. To make this more transparent, I checked them into a repository[2], updated them and set up a Jenkins job[3] to package them up, using a Phing build.xml file.

This isn't exactly the most sophisticated Phing job ever created - it's more of a proof of concept. Looks like Phing is now working on our project server and we can take things from there, i.e. incrementally switch over the other jobs. And on top of that, it lets you see more easily which PEAR packages and which versions we're actually shipping.

bye, Dirk

[1] http://project.geeklog.net/nightly/geeklog-pear.tar.gz
[2] http://project.geeklog.net/cgi-bin/hgwebdir.cgi/pear/
[3] http://project.geeklog.net:8080/job/geeklog-pear/