[geeklog-devel] Fwd: [GSoC Mentors] Google Summer of Code 2013

cordiste cordiste at free.fr
Tue Feb 26 08:38:38 EST 2013

For information there is a new session handler in the next glfusion [1]:

"We have implemented a new session handler that improves performance
and also improves the overall security of a glFusion CMS site. Each
site visitor is given a unique session id which is maintained while
they browse your site.  This change is invisible to the user, but
really provides some cool features for plugin developers.  The main
thing folks will notice is improved performance and scalability."

and a new subscription system:

"With glFusion CMS v1.3.0, we have implemented a core subscription
system. This allows users to subscribe to various types of content
updates. For example, user's can subscribe to Forum updates (i.e.; be
notified anytime a new post is made), or they can subscribe to receive
comment updates. Finally, they can subscribe to Media Gallery album
updates.  Some of these notifications already existed in prior
versions of glFusion, but the cool thing now is that all subscription
management is consolidated to a single interface. User's can now go
into My Account and manage all of their subscriptions in one place.
We've also made some imrpovements to the outbound email handling. We
understand that the new subscription feature can grow the amount of
outbound email, so we now try to optimize how email is sent to reduce
system load."

Ben

[1] http://www.glfusion.org/article.php/glfusion-130-development-update