[geeklog-devel] CrowdTranslator - Gamification

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Wed Jul 24 14:27:28 EDT 2013

Benjamin Talic <b.ttalic at gmail.com> wrote:

> I need some suggestions (and help) with the gamification.
> The idea is to give awards to users who use the plugin and submit translations.
> The first draft of awards I came up with is :
> 	• First translation
> 	• 10th, 50th, 100th... translation
> 	• First vote
> 	• Casting a vote which removes a translation
> 	• Getting more than 100 up-votes
> 	• Submitting more than 10 translations in a day
> 	• Submitting more than 20 translations in a day
> 	• Submitting translations 1, 7, 20 days in a row
> 	• Working on a language which is fully translated

Can we get some feedback for Ben here, please? What would motivate you (assuming you like collecting badges)?

I like the idea of rewarding the first translation and then continue with the n-th translation, in increasing steps.

Not so sure about the time-based ones, though, especially the x per day ones. Maybe something like "you submitted translations for n weeks in a row" would work better?

Comments, please.

http://www.themobilepresenter.com/